Name : Jongkolnee Settakorn
Sex : Female
Marital Status : Single
Place of Birth : Bangkok, Thailand
Year of Birth : 1971
Nationality : Thai
Academic Position : Assistant Professor in Pathology
Address : Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Tel: +66-53-945442-4 (office), +66-53-430870 (home) Mobile:+66-01-8825453 Fax: +66-53-217144
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Training:
2003 - present Master in Medical Science. Clinical Epidemiology, Molecular and Genetic Specialization. The University of Newcastle. Australia
2002 - 2003 Research Fellow in Anatomical Pathology, Hunter Area Pathology Service, Newcastle, Australia
2000 (Sep-Nov) Telepathology research, The First Department of Pathology, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Japan
1994 - 1998 Residency in Anatomic Pathology, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1988 - 1994 Medical Student, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
Qualification and Certification
2003 Certificate: :Research fellowship in Anatomical Pathology from Hunter, Area Pathology Service. Newcastle. Australia
1998 Diploma: The Thai Board of Anatomical Pathology
1995 Post Graduated Diploma in Clinical Science (Pathology), Chiang Mai University, Thailand
1994 Doctor of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
2000 to present Thai Society of Cytology, Medical member
1998 to present International Academy of Pathology, Thailand Division
1998 to present Royal College of Pathologists of Thailand
1994-to present Thai Medical Council
2000 to present Assistant Professor in Pathology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
1998 to 2000 Instructor in Pathology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University
Duties and Responsibilities: Chiang Mai University
2001 to 2002 Supervise surgical pathology residency activities
1998 to 2002 Sign-out and teach residents in surgical pathology, cytopathology and autopsy
1998 to 2002 Moderate Bone-joint-soft tissue tumor: clinico-pathological conference
1998 to 2002 Perform fine needle aspiration and provide on-site diagnosis at out patient department
1998 to 2002 Lecture in the topics 'Pathology of bacterial infection' and 'Bone-joint-soft tissue pathology' for the 3rd year medical students and the other classes of paramedical students
1998 to 2000 Lecture in the topics 'Nucleus' , 'Therapeutic effect on cytology of cervico-vagical smear', 'Fine needle aspiration cytology of thyroid gland' , 'Body fluid cytology' for the cytotechnologist students
- Molecular Pathology
- Bone and Soft Tissue Tumor
- Pathology of Breast
1. Settakorn J, Thamprasert K. Mucinous adenocarcinoma of renal pelvis: A case report. Chiang Mai Medical Bulletin 1996, 35(4): 179-81.
2. Settakorn J, Chaiwun B. Adenomatoid tumor of the uterus in conjunction with leiomyomas: A report of two cases and review of the literature. Chiang Mai Medical Bulletin 1998, 37(1-2):35-9.
3. Settakorn J, Mahanupab P, Thanormrat P. Meckel syndrome: Report of an autopsy case. Chiang Mai Medical Bulletin 1998, 37(3-4): 75-9.
4. Settakorn J, Mahanupab M, Rangdaeng S, Thamprasert K, Wisedmongkol W, Nontawong B. Nasopharyngeal lesion in Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital in 1996, Chiang Mai Medical Bulletin 1999, 38(1-2): 33-8.
5. Settakorn J, Sirivanichai C, Rangdaeng S, Chaiwun B. Fine-needle aspiration cytology of adrenal myelolipoma: case report and review of the literature. Diagnostic cytopathology 1999, 21(6): 409-12.
6. Muttarak M, Ariyakhagorn V, Settakorn J. Phylloides tumour. Journal of the Hong Kong College of Radiologists 2000, 3(1):104-6.
7. Settakorn J, Chaiwun B, Thamprasert K, Wisedmongkol W, Rangdaeng S. Fine needle aspiration of thyroid gland. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2001, 84(10):1401-6.
8. Settakorn J, Arpornchayanon O, Chalidapong P, Chaiwun B, Rangdaeng S. Primary Intraosseous Glomus Tumor: A case report. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2001, 84(11): 1641-5.
9. Chaiwun B, Settakorn J, Ya-in C, Wisedmongkol W, Rangdaeng S, Thorner P. Effectiveness of fine needle aspiration cytology of breast: an analysis of 2,375 cases from northern Thailand. Diagnostic Cytopathology 2002, 26(3): 201-5.
10. Settakorn J, Arpornchayanon O, Chaiwun B, Vanittanakon P, Thamprasert K, Rangdaeng S. Intraosseous proloferative sparganosis. Case report and review of the literature. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2002, 85(1): 108-13.
11. Settakorn J, Trakultivakorn H, Chaiwun B, Rangdaeng S. Carcinoma of breast with unsual clinical presentation. A case report. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2002, 85(2): 270-4.
12. Lekawanvijit S, Thamprasert K, Settakorn J. Adrenal hypoplasia congenita: report of an autopsy case. Chiang Mai Medical Bulletin 2002, 41(2): 95-100.
13. Petjom S, Chaiwun B, Settakorn J, Visrutaratna P, Rangdaeng S, Thorner PS. Angiostrongylus cantonensis infection mimicking a spinal cord tumor. Annual Neurology 2002, 52(1): 99-101.
14. Chaiwun B, Khunamornpong S, Sirivanichai C, Rangdaeng S, Supparatpinyo K, Settakorn J. Lymphadenopathy due to Penicillium marneffei Infection: Diagnosed by Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology. Modern Pathology 2002, 15(9): 939-43.
15. Settakorn J, Kuakpaetoon T, Leong FJ W-M, Thamprasert K, Ichijima K. Store-and-forward diagnostic telephology of small biopsies by e-mail attachment: a feasibility pilot study with the view of future application in Thailand diagnostic pathology services. Telemedicine Journal and e-Health 2002 Fall, 8(3): 333-41.
16. Rangdaeng S, Ya-in C, Settakorn J, Chaiwun B, Bhothirat C, Sirivanichai C, Aramratana A. Cytological diagnosis of lung cancer in Chiang Mai, Thailand: cyto-histological correlation and comparison of sensitivity of various methods. Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand 2002, 85(9): 953-61.
17. Settakorn J, Leong AS. Immunohistologic parameters in minimal morphologic change duodenal biopsies from patients
with clinically suspected gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 2004, 12 (3): 198-204.
1. Diagnostic dilemma in fine needle aspiration cytology: Hurthle cell lesions of thyroid gland 11th National congress of pathology. JB Hotel Songkhla, Thailand. March 11-13, 1999.
2. Fine needle aspiration of thyroid gland in Chiang Mai University Hospital. 6th Thai-Japanese workshop in diagnostic cytopathology. Wiang Inn Hotel. Chiang Rai, Thailand. January 31-February 2, 2000.
3. Mucinous bronchioloalveolar carcinoma. Cytology workshop. 12th National Congress of Pathology. Queen Sirikit-Hospital. Sattaheep. Cholburi, Thailand. March 29-31, 2000.
4. Hemangiopericytoma of the breast. Thai-Japanese Breast Cancer Conference. Department of Surgery. Faculty of Medicine. Chiang Mai University. Chiang Mai, Thailand. June 30, 2000.
5. Telecytopathology: validity study via Internet mail. 5th European Congress on Telepathology. Aurich, Germany. July 20-23, 2000.
6. Telepathology: Its application in cytology. 7th Thai-Japanese workshop in diagnostic cytology. Phuket Merlin Hotel. Phuket, Thailand. January 10-12, 2001.
7. A case report of breast cancer with unusual clinical presentation. 13th National Congress of Pathology, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand. March 28-30, 2001.
8. Store-and-forward diagnostic telepathology of small biopsies by e-mail attachment: a feasibility pilot study with the view of future application in Thailand diagnostic pathology. 18th European Congress of Pathology, International Congress Center, Berlin, Germany. September 8-13, 2001.
9. Intraepithelial T-lymphocyte alteration and crypt hyperplasia in minimal-morphologic change duodenal biopsies from clinically suspected gluten-sensitive enteropathy patients. 28th Annual Scientific Meeting. Australian Division of the International Academy of Pathology. Convention and Exhibition Center. Sydney. Australia. May 31-June 2, 2002.
10. The role of cell adhesion molecules, growth factor receptor and cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. The 3rd Asia Pacific IAP Meeting. Dusit Thani Hotel. Bangkok. Thailand. January 21-23, 2003.