NAME : Nirush Lertprasertsuke, M.D., Ph.D.Med.Pathology (Japan)
DATE OF BIRTH : April 6, 1959
PLACE OR BIRTH : Lamphun, Thailand
ADDRESS, BUSINESS : Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50002,
Tel : (053) 945442-4 Fax. (053) 217144 e-mail : email@example.com
RESIDENTIAL : 1 Charoenta road, Maung District, Lamphun 51000 Tel : (053) 511376
MEDICAL EDUCATION :
1976-1980 Bechelor degree of Science, Chiang Mai University (1980)
1981-1982 Degree of Medical Doctor (M.D.), Chiang Mai University
POSTGRADUATE EDUCATION :
1982-1983 Internship Maharaj Nakorn Chiang Mai Hospital, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
1984 Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Science, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University.
1985-1996 Research Fellow in General Pathology, Tokai University Hospital, Isehara, Japan.
1986-1990 Doctor of Medicine (Ph.D, Pathology), Tokai University, Postgraduate College of Medicine, Isehara, Japan.
1990-1991 Postdoctorate fellow in Experimental Pathology, Tokai University, Postgraduate College of Medicine, Osehara, Japan.
1992 WHO Advanced course on immunology, vaccinology and biotechnology applied to infectious disease, University of Lausanne Switzerland.
1992 Tutorial on clinical cytology, The International Academy of Cytology (IAC), Vienna, Austria.
1995 Recent advances in surgical pathology, Armed Force Institute of Pathology (AFIP). San Diego, U.S.A.
1999 WHO Refresher Course in Immunology and Biotechnology Applied to Infectious Disease. National Institute of Virology, Pune, India
ACTIVITIES AND WORK EXPERIENCES :
1992 Instructor in Pathology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Chiang Mai University.
1996-present Associate professor of Pathology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine Chiang Mai University.
1994-present Consultant Anatomic Pathology, McCormick Hospital, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Member of The Royal Collage of Pathology of Thailand.
Member of The International Academic Pathology, Thailand Division.
Member of the Gastroenterological Association of Thailand.
LANGUAGE COMPETENCY : Thai, English, Japanese
A : PUBLICATION
1. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. : Special type of gastric carcinoma, cancer with lymphocytic infiltration. Analysis using mucin histochemistry and immunohistochemistry. Digest organ Immunol 21: 230-233, 1988 (in Japanese).
2. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. : Gastric carcinoma with lymphoid stroma. Analysis using mucin histochemistry and immunohistochemistry. Virchows Arch A Pathol Anat 414: 231-241, 1989.
3. Lertprasertsuke N., Kakudo K., Nakamura A et al.: C cell carcinoma of the thyroid. Follicular variant. Acta Pathol Jpn 39:393-399, 1989.
4. Ohta Y., Shimamjra K., Lertparasertsuke N. et al.: An atuopsy case of so-called midline malignant reticuloisis followed by extensive dissemination with immunohistochemical evidence for its T cell malignancy. Acta Pathol Jpn 39: 446-450, 1989.
5. Watanabe K., Shinoda M. and Lertprasertsuke N.: Alterations of lipid peroxide scavenging enzymes during carcinogenesis. Positive and negative for markers. Pathol Clin Med 8: 148-157, 1990 (In Japanese).
6. Lertpradertsuke N., Kakudo K., Satoh S. et al.: Rectal carcinoid tumor metastasizing to the thyroid and pancreas. An autopsy case exploiting immunohistochemistry for differentiation from tumors involving multiple endocrine
organs. Acta Pathol Jpn 40: 352-360, 1990.
7. Lertprasertsuke N., Shinoda M., Takekoshi S., Yoshimura S. and Watanabe K.: Suppression of messenger ribonucleic acid for glutathione peroxidase in chemically induced rat hepatocellular carcinoma and its biologic significance. Tokai J Exp Clin Med 15: 1-8, 1990.
8. Lertprasertsuke N., Kakudo K., Osamura Y. et al.: Functional interpretation of kidney juxtaglomerular apparatus using renin immunohistochemistry in Barttle's, Pseudo-Barter's and Conn's syndromes. Tokai exp J Clin Med. 15: 26-34, 1990.
9. Lertprasertsuke N., and Tsutsumi Y. : An unusual form of chronic
myeloproliferative disorder aleukemic basophilic leukemia. Acta Pathol Jpn. 41 : 73-81, 1991.
10. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. : Neuroendocrine carcinoma of the urinary bladder : Case report and review of the literature. Jpn J Clin Oncol.21:203-210, 1991.
11. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. : Alpha-fetoprotein-producing urachal adenocarcinoma. Acta Pathol Jpn.
12. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. : Latent perianal paget's disease associated with mucin-producing rectal adenocarcinoma report of two cases. Acta Pathol Jpn. 41:386-393, 1991.
13. Lertprasertsuke N., Shinoda M., Takekoshi S., Tsutsumi Y., Yamamoto Y., Niki E. and Watanabe K. : Different
effects of carbon tetrachloride on carcinogen induced hepatocellular carcinoma and normal liver of the rat : lowered lipid peroxidation and accelerated necrosis in cancer. Jpn J Cancer Res. 82,503-510, 1991.
14. Lertprasertsuke N., Tsutsumi Y. and Maruyama T. : B-cell lymphoma with vimentin-positive cytoplasmic inclusions. Acta Pathol Jpn. 42:473-479, 1991.
15. Lertprasutsuke N. : The effects of drugs on the production and recovery processes of the stress ulcer Takagi K. and Okabe S. J Med Tech Assoc Thai. 19:5-6, 1991.
16. Sirinirundr C and Lertprasertsuke N. Pediatric pencillosis : Report of two cases. Chiang Mai Med Bull 33:43-50, 1994.
17. Siriuankgul S, Mahanuphap P, Thamprasert K and Lertprasertsuke N. Mammographic findings of the male breast carcinoma and gynecomastia. Thai J Radiol 31:63-67, 1994.
18. Muttarak M, Prakoonitivakorn H; Chalocykitti L and Lertprasertsuke N. Mammographic findings of the male breast carcinoma and gynecomastia. Thai J Radiol 31:63-67, 1994.
19. Vinitkekummen U, Puatanachokchai R, Kongtawelert P, Lertprasertsuke N. and Matsushima T. Antimutagenicity of lemon gross (Cymbopogon Citrus Stapf) to various known mutagens in salmonella mutation assay. Mut Res
20. Vinitketkumneun U, Charoenkunathum W, Kongtawelert P, Lertprasertsuke N, Picha P and Matsushima T.
DT-diaphorase inducer activity of antimutagenic Thai medicinal plant, Murdannia loriformis. J. Herbs & Speces and Medicinal Plants, 4 (1), 45-52 1996.
1. Pothirat C., Lertprasertsuk. N. Tharavichitkul P. Bonchoalveolar lavage (BAL) of pulmonary infection in HIV seropositive patients. 10th International Conference on AIDS. International Congerence on STD. Yokohama, 7-12 August 1994.
2. Lertprasutsuke N. Tharavichitkul P. Pothirat C. Detections of pulmonary cryptococcosis in patients with acqwuired immunodeficiency syndrome. 20th International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology and 11th Wold
Congress of Academic and Environmental Pathology. Hong Kong, 9-14 October, 1994.
3. Pothirat C., Lertprasertsuke N. Tharavichitkul P. Sputum analysis of pulmonary infections in HIV seropositive patients. 13th Asia Pacific Congress on Disease of the Chest. Hong Kong, 5-8 December 1994.
4. Attasiri C, Lertprasertsuke N., Isutsumi Y, Umemuk S. Invasive ductal carcinoma with neuroendocrine feature and intraductal carcinoma with Paget's disease of the breast. A case report and review literaure 7th National Congress of Pathology, Chiang Mai, 1-3 February 1995.
5. Lertprasertsuke N. and Tsutsumi Y. Immunohistochemical characterization of primary gastric lymphoma and low grade MALT lymphoma of stomach. Pathology International 1996:46:5492.
6. Vinitketkumnuen U, Chewonaris T, Lerprasertsuk N and Wild C P. Aflatoxin-albumin adduct formation in aflatoxin B1 exposure rates are modulated by thai medicinal plants. The 3rd Internatinal Conference of Environmental Mutagens
in Human Populations, Bangkok-Khao Yai, Thailand 1998 : 83
7. Lertprasertsuke N, Siriwattayakarn P and Thongsawadi S. Ectopic Tubal Polyp in the Sigmoid Colon : the first case report. The XXIII International Congress of the International Academy of Pathology and 14th World Congress of Environmental Pathology, Nagoya, Japan, 15-20 October 2000
1. Lertprasertsuke N. Pathology of Opportunistic infections associated with HIV-infected patients : Detection and Diagnosis. In : Color Atlas of HIV. Infection. Chewcharnwit S. (ed.) P.B. Foreign Book, Bangkok, 1997 155-254
CURRENT ACTIVITIES :
1. Detection of H.pylori infection in patients with non-ulcer peptic diseases.
2. Esophageal candidiasis and penicellosis in HIV-infected patients : clinical trials.
3. Invasive aspergillosis, confirmatory diagnosis in immunocompromised hosts : clinical trials.
4. Gastrointestinal mycobacterial infections : tuberculosis V.S. atypical mycobacterial infections in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
5. Histological study of toxicity and tumor induction in experimental animal model.